Friday, July 11, 2008

Rest Day, Weather Induced

I was going to go for a 20 mile easy ride on my freshly tuned bike this morning, but when I woke I just wasn't feeling it. I decided I would go for the ride when the wifey got home from work, but good ole mother nature determined that was not to be. I guess I needed to chill today anyway as my left calf really aches when running or pedaling. So in summary training today came down to watching le Tour this morning (Man I wish I got into cycling sooner in life), then when the weather did cooperate I hooked up the kiddie caboose to the bike and took Tessa for an enjoyable 10 mile pedal. Poor kid had mud all over her face when we got home, but it didn't seem to phase her as she kept asking me to go faster and not to stop. Oh to be 3 again. The last bit of my training for the day was a nice carbo dinner prepared by Kelly to get us ready for the Boilermaker on Sunday. Nothing like manicotti and spaghetti with a dusting of Frank's Red Hot to help bring in the weekend. Tomorrow is supposed to be a scorcher, so after taking a bike ride into B'ville in the morning to help time a local 5k event I hope to get into the pool. Paul this next sentence is for you seeing as you were upset about my 8 minute mile comment. Once I hit the pool I hope to do my 50 meter splits in less than 8 minutes..........Man I wish that comment were closer to be a joke than it were to being a reality. LOL

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Poor Tessa I can just see her sitting in the back. Kind of funny actually.