Saturday, July 26, 2008

NYC

Got up early this morning to get a bit of a longer run in (7 miles) and it felt good given I did a 5 mile speedplay run yesterday (1 mile warmup, 1/2 mile hard, 1/2 mile relaxed etc.). After the run Ethan and I finished getting ready for our trip to NYC. After watching Carlos Sastre tie up the Tour de France we headed off to pick up Opa and Oma and go to NYC. When we got here we got settled then walked down to Times Square and had dinner. Tried to eat at the ESPN Zone but it was chaos so we ate at Maxine's instead. Ethan had a window seat and was mesmorized by the giant TV's and the M&M store right next door. I asked him if it NYC was bigger than he thought it would be and his response "I thought it would be higher than the sky, but it's not." Who would have thought I would be more impressed than a 5 year old? Tomorrow is the day I have been looking forward to. Going to get up early and tackle Central Park. We had a stare down today from my 37th floor window and she knows I am coming with my saucony tangents in tow. After that it is off to Shea to watch the Mets sweep the Cards....Ok I know they are currently losing 8-7 in the 8th inning, but always the optimist.

No comments: