Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mets win 9-1, Beltran and Ethan steal show!!!

Got up a little late this morning and was going to tackle CP, but as I looked out my Hotel window a mass mob of runners was flying by out of CP. My pops had the tube on and it was the NYC 1/2 marathon. Going for a run this morning into CP was thus out of the question...I wasn't up to dieing a Salmon's death. Tomorrow my friends CP and I will have our moment.



Anyways we decided to have sweet continental breakfast then hop the trains to Queens to check out the sites. Ethan thoroughly enjoyed his train ride and when we finally came above ground he kept the car informed of the Empire State Building's location about every 20 seconds. When we got to the stadium Ethan burned through about 15 pictures on his disposable camera of just Shea and the new Citi Field. After being reminded that we still had to get pics of Jose and the Carloses he slowed down a bit and also reminded me that Pujols was going to be here and was going to be his first picture. After sitting under the Mezzanine during a pregame torrential downpour the weather straigtened out and we watched a fantastic game. Santana was sharp and the Mets bats were hot. Ethan went crazy when David Wright hit the games first homer, then Tatis and Castro followed shortly after that. It was awesome to watch him pop out of his seat, cheer, and actually understand what he was cheering for. After those fireworks Oma decided to take a break and she missed the best play of the day. Ryan Ludwick crushed a ball to dead center 411 feet only to have Beltran bring it back for a really long out. Shea exploded and so did Ethan. He must have talked about that catch 5 times from Queens to Times Square on our trip back...that is when he wasn't once again reminding the entire train car of the Empire State Building's location. "Thank you Ethan." Unfortunately Pujols ruined Santana's shutout bid, but I think it was for the best as Ethan really enjoyed watching his favorite non-Met get on the board with an HR. "Pujols is a power hitta huh dad."



After the game we went back to Times Square and fed our faces at the ESPN Zone. Ethan didn't eat much until Oma's angel food cake with strawberries and sorbet came out. After mauling her sorbet he decided to feed Oma her strawberries after she suggested he try one. After a quick stop in the restroom to watch TV while we....well you know what we did, we went to the world's most obnoxious Toys' R Us. Ethan rode in the monopoly car on the ferris wheel while I kept wishing I didn't order that Brownie with hot fudge. Tessa will have to come next time because I think the world's largest Barbie play house is in that Toys' R Us.



Well tomorrow is me and CP as well as a trip to the building that Ethan keeps us informed of. Oh yeah Yankee Stadium too. The Yanks have quite a test to match the show we got today, but I'm sure it will be fun anyways. Ethan tells me he is going to sleep until 9am tomorrow. He got up at "8:06" today, so I'll be content if he sleeps to 7:30. I think his nickname should be the rooster given that "8:06" is probably the latest he has ever slept by over an hour. Before I go Ethan says the Empire State Building is right over there and hi momma and Tessa.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

OMG I can't wait to talk to him and hear his stories. It sounds like you guys had a great time and I can just picture him so excited.