Thursday, July 10, 2008

Easy Training Day, and Decision Made

I went out for an easy run this morning 4.72 miles according to my all time favorite website mapmyrun.com. I just cruised at 8 minutes for each mile, which sometimes for me is difficult because I get going and like to ramp it up. That is probably the reason I have decided to do most runs without the mp3. Between the Foo Fighters and Audioslave begging me to go faster, and the increased numbers of runners and cyclists being hit by cars here in Syracuse, I can live without the music. They just ran a report today in the paper here about how the population here in Syracuse is at its lowest since 1910. I'm sensing an eerie connection, so anything I can do to stay upright on the roads I am going to do.
My tri-mate and good pal Drew spent some quality time working on my bike since I am absolutely incapable of turning a wrench without breaking stuff. My bike is just a basic road bike, but it's my baby and Drew got her purring again. I can't wait to hit the roads tomorrow morning...minus music obviously. Therefore I think the least I can do to pay Drew back is to run the Boilermaker with him as planned previously. That combined with the fact I have some minor calf pain when I run is all the more reason to run comfortably and enjoy a race at a different pace.

1 comment:

Paul Taylor said...

Why did you ask for your readers input if you were just going to ignore it? Just crush it!

I also don't like the taunting and showing off in this forum..."oh I run 8 min/mi so easy, I can barely run that slow"....shut it.