Saturday, August 9, 2008

Drive Home Safely Paulie

After a lazy day Thursday, I decided that Friday was time to be serious. I got up and while it was beautiful outside (for the morning at least) I decided to do an hour on the treadmill. Why? Well one Kelly beat me out the door as I didn't want to get out of bed. Two I wanted to keep the pace very moderate and I tend to be better about doing that when on the treadmill. After Kelly returned from work we headed up to Sodus to see the Taylors. It is always great to see them. I wish they lived closer, so we could share time and bourbon together more often. It is what it is though so you have to enjoy their company while they are here. Paul and I decided to bike the Sodus course. We thought we could get the ride in between storms, unfortunately we fell just a bit short. We got wet, but it could have been worse. All in all it was an enjoyable ride, with good conversation and me learning a bit more about how to be aggressive on the bike course next Sunday. I just have to make sure my posture in the water is not the same as my posture I would use while in my aerobars on my bike. Then again if lake Ontario is anything like it was yesterday, there would be 2 5k runs and no swim. Sorry Drew for even thinking it. Today, I have spent doing spring cleaning around the house while watching the Olympics. I don't know what it is about the Olympics, but I get excited to watch sports I would never traditionally watch. Man I can't wait for the mens fencing after watching the American women sweep the medals!!!!! I did get out for a 5 miler today and ran around playing soccer with E for about an hour. I wish I could say I beat him....Maybe tomorrow. Big golf tourney tomorrow, hope the weather cooperates because I want to do some damage with my partnahs. Well I hope the Taylors make it cross country safely as there will be a bottle of bourbon and a special surprise awaiting Paulie when he gets home.

1 comment:

Paul Taylor said...

Like George Thorogood, when I drink Bourbon, I drink ALONE.