Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Been A While

I haven't blogged in some time, mainly because school has restarted and I was quite busy coaching x-country and running with my own 2 kiddies to their various events. My training has really been limited to running. I just haven't had the energy to get up to do the swims at school and biking in Central New York in November is laughable at best. I did have a couple of really sweet rides with a cycling co-worker I have hooked up with. We did one ride where we rode for about 25 miles and in the middle did some hill repeats. Killer workout with some big time redzone heart rate training. We did another ride where we simply chatted comfortable for 10 miles then the next thing you know we had a 22 MPH average on our cyclometers.
Anyways with the holidays coming up I want to stay in some type of running shape to simply keep the pounds off. I think my long term goal for now is to aim for a PR at the 10 mile Mountain Goat Race in late May. Last year I busted the hilly course in 72 minutes. This year I would love to go sub 70. To do that I need to do more distance runs than last year and far more anaerobic threshold runs and speed work. Last year I was simply satisfied to get in 30 to 45 minute runs. This year there has to be a focus. That is the difference between 72 and 69. Off we go.

No comments: